Part 1. DEX Updates
— Key Takeaways —
💡 Pancake released its Q3 roadmap.
💡 Tokenlon launches the limit order feature on Arbitrum and hosted limit order trading events.
💡 1inch DAO's Treasury raises $15 million which instigated proposals; refunds of June gas fees: 1,433 wallets received refunds of 1inch tokens, for a total of $518,874.
💡 SpookySwap migrated to V2.
💡 The overall market volume this week rose significantly compared to last week, with the overall trading volume almost doubling last week's numbers, reflecting a substantial improvement in the market. The better performing exchanges were Uniswap, Curve, Synthetix, DODO; the worse performing exchanges were Thorswap, Osmosis, etc.
— DEX Roundup —
- Messari published Balancer Q2 report：
- veBAL goes live with 75% of the revenue from the profit sharing agreement**；
- Balancer's Q2 volume went up 43% from $8 billion to $11.5 billion in Q1; access of 1inch added trade volume to boosted pool；
- Arbitrum provided the highest revenue with a 70% increase in trading volume；
- The TVL share of the ETH chain increased from 87% to 93%.
- The product added Uniswap comparison function, including price, slippage advantage, commission, total saving cost, etc.
- Realeased Q3 Roadmap：
- Fixed-Term Staking Benefits，with Farm yield booster，and weighted voting power；
- Lottery Upgrades；
- Multichain Deployment；
- Enhanced swap experience for stablecoins.
- Limit order feature launched on Arbitrum and grants access for Uniswap and Sushiswap liquidity on Arbitrum.
- A two-week Arbitrum Limit order trading event will reward the first 200 traders with 50 $LON tokens each.
- On July 16, the Build-a-Farm feature was reviewed, QuickSwap and Cryption Network spoke about partnering to launch the feature.
- Token split, essentially, the tokens have the same value and the same utility, but in different denominations. Technically speaking, New QUICK and Old QUICK are different tokens.
- Deployed to Celo network.
— Market Overview —
- Released 2022 H2 Roadmap：
- Deployed four new chains；
- Integrated new wallets；
- Enhanced Cross-chain bridging and Swapping options；
- Token airdrop.
- SpookySwap Farm V2 Migration Announcement:
- SpookySwap has made it possible for other projects to add incentives from their own treasuries on top of BOO rewards (or independent of them), instantly without governance；
- Fantom developers will have more tools to add their own rewards instantly to LP；
- For Farm V2, an unlimited number of reward tokens can be provided from developers directly to stakers；
- Protocols can now choose to incentivize dual or triple rewards for LPers.
Part 2. Data Tracking
Trading Volume and Market Share Analysis
In terms of trading volume, the overall market volume this week rose significantly compared to last week as it almost doubled, reflecting a turnaround in the market. The better performing exchanges were Uniswap, Curve, Synthetix, DODO; the worse performing exchanges were Thorswap, Osmosis, etc.
In terms of market share, the top three DEXs are: Uniswap, Curve, and Pancakeswap, with Curve moving up to second place and Uniswap's relative share declining. DODO kept up the performance and remains in fourth place, while other better performing exchanges are Synthetix, Sushiswap, and Orca. Jpiter's relative share declined significantly and performed poorly, and idex fell out of the top 20.
Aggregators on Ether saw a small dip in market share compared to last week, from 20.39% to 18.57%.
There was a significant increase in large and medium sized trades on ETH this week compared to last week, and a decrease in the percentage of small sized trades, signaling a turnaround in the market.
Part 3. Project Analysis
- Abacus is an NFT appraisal protocol that provides optimal appraisal of NFT projects through a financialized tool.
- Appraisal pool is the core of Abacus. When an NFT is placed in the pool, traders can make a bid, lock in the ETH and determine the lock-in period, after which they are rewarded with $ABC tokens. Traders also have the option to raise their bid if they believe the project is undervalued.
- Abacus linked up to other lending agreements, and priced NFT projects can receive loans directly.